This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A uniform solid sphere has a moment of inertia I about an axis tangent to its surface. What is the ... (Read 22 times)

cool

A uniform solid sphere has a moment of inertia I about an axis tangent to its surface. What is the moment of inertia of this sphere about an axis through its center?

A) 1/7 I
  B) 2/7 I
  C) 2/5 I
  D) 3/5 I
  E) 7/5 I

Question 2

A machinist turns the power on to a grinding wheel, which is at rest at time t = 0.00 s. The wheel accelerates uniformly for 10 s and reaches the operating angular velocity of

The wheel is run at that angular velocity for 37 s and then power is shut off. The wheel decelerates uniformly at until the wheel stops. In this situation, the time interval of angular deceleration (slowing down) is closest to:
  A) 17 s
  B) 15 s
  C) 19 s
  D) 21 s
  E) 23 s

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

rosiehomeworddo

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

cool

Reply 2 on: Jul 29, 2018
Gracias!

marict

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library