This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: If you have generally good feelings about a fellow student, but you never approach him in the ... (Read 29 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

If you have generally good feelings about a fellow student, but you never approach him in the hallway because you have automatically ruled out being so forward with people you dont know, you would be exhibiting what Gestaltists would call ___________________ _____.

a. avoidance
  b. disowning
  c. interruption
  d. reframing
  e. confluence

Question 2

In the context of Gestalt therapy, what is meant by the term confluence?

a. It is the point in therapy where the counselor and client communicate well.
  b. It is the point in therapy when the client is in touch with most of his or her split-off parts.
  c. The client directs an action or thought toward his or herself rather than toward others.
  d. The client has a partner who understands him or her completely.
  e. The client identifies with another person so much that the clients psychosocial boundary with the other person becomes blurred.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

anyusername12131

Answer to Question 1

Answer: b

Answer to Question 2

Answer: e

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 30, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

FergA

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library