This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A father says to his son, Go over to the chair and get my overcoat. (The overcoat is the only item ... (Read 54 times)

bclement10

A father says to his son, Go over to the chair and get my overcoat. (The overcoat is the only item on the chair.) The next day, the son talks about his daddy's overcoat; apparently he has already learned this new word. This is an example of

a. pragmatics
  b. habituation.
  c. an overextension.
  d. fast mapping.

Question 2

Which of the following is an example of the concept overregularization?

a. A child asks an embarrassing question to a stranger.
  b. A child shows inappropriate fast mapping.
  c. A child says, I eated my cereal.
  d. A child talks to a younger child, using overly difficult language.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

duke02

Answer to Question 1

Ans: d

Answer to Question 2

Ans: c

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library