This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: If a client thinks that a problem is critical, even though by objective standards ,the problem does ... (Read 100 times)

nenivikky

If a client thinks that a problem is critical, even though by objective standards ,the problem does not seem to be that bad, then ____.

A. the client cannot be helped
  B. for him or her, it is critical
  C. you need to immediately apply the tasks of Stage I
  D. you are working with a severely disturbed person who has no sense of reality

Question 2

A client comes for his first session with you. He seems anxious and starts talking by saying Yesterday, I felt so nervous that I couldn't leave the house. It took every bit of strength I had to come here today. And then he stops talking. In accordance with Stage I, you want to help him to tell his story. Which of the following might you do to help him to continue in the way most beneficial to him?

A. Ask him whether anxiety and sadness characterize his life.
  B. Gently suggest that his anxiety is about meeting new people such as yourself and the more often you do it, the easier it will be.
  C. Ask him to tell you more about his anxiety.
  D. Ask him what other problems he is facing.