Author Question: Identify and discuss guidelines for using probes. What will be an ideal ... (Read 74 times)

darbym82

Identify and discuss guidelines for using probes.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Define prompts and probes in the therapeutic context.

What will be an ideal response?

kescobar@64

Answer to Question 1

• Propose possible probes for the following situations and discuss why these probes are appropriate:

• A woman with a family history of severe depression and suicide who has severe depression herself comments, It seems as though my life ended as soon as I was conceived. With my genes, I never had a chance.

• A single father with three daughters, ages 11, 13, and 15, says, Now I know why the father of every single girl I dated in high school made a point of meeting me.

Answer to Question 2

Provide examples of verbal and nonverbal prompts as well as different forms of probes.