This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Beck's cognitive triad for depression includes cognitive errors in the areas of: a. past, ... (Read 30 times)

bcretired

Beck's cognitive triad for depression includes cognitive errors in the areas of:

a. past, present, and future.
  b. self, others, and therapist.
  c. self, world, and future.
  d. body, intelligence, and social skills.The following three questions refer to the following paragraph.Jake is feeling so upset that he is having trouble sleeping. He believes that he is stupid as a result of having done poorly on his recent statistics exam and that he should drop out of school because he will never be able to be a social worker.

Question 2

A cognitive therapist asks a patient to say what he assumes would happen if his worst case scenario actually happened. The patient says, If I fail this test, I'll never get into graduate school.. The next step in decatastrophizing would be to help the patient:

a. imagine not getting into graduate school paired with relaxation.
  b. use more effective all-or-none thinking.
  c. recognize the gross exaggeration of this idea.
  d. use thought suppression to ignore such thoughts.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ghepp

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

C

bcretired

Reply 2 on: Jul 30, 2018
Wow, this really help

Dominic

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Chronic marijuana use can damage the white blood cells and reduce the immune system's ability to respond to disease by as much as 40%. Without a strong immune system, the body is vulnerable to all kinds of degenerative and infectious diseases.

Did you know?

Asthma cases in Americans are about 75% higher today than they were in 1980.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates's recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library