This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What are the negative stereotypes individuals who are handicapped or disabled face? What will be ... (Read 8 times)

Capo

What are the negative stereotypes individuals who are handicapped or disabled face?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

A child tells you, I hate my teacher. She corrected me in the front of the whole class. I never want to go to school again. Which of the following is a response that uses active listening?

A. You have to go to school, it's the law.
  B. You were really angry at your teacher today for correcting you. Sounds likethat might have been embarrassing.
 C. Sweetie I'm so sorry. That was not a nice thing to do and she shouldn't havedone that.
 D. Wow  I hate days like that. Let's go play a game and forget about schoolfor a while.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ricroger

Answer to Question 1

Individuals who are labeled handicapped or disabled are faced with stereo-types from work associates and supervisors as well as from others in their environment.
 Negative stereotypes which can lead to discrimination in employment, housing, schooling, and social interactions. Employers may be reluctant to hire individuals with disabilities.

Answer to Question 2

C

Capo

Reply 2 on: Jul 30, 2018
Gracias!

meow1234

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library