Author Question: Barbara constantly compliments and attempts to flatter her counselor with statements such as You're ... (Read 13 times)

imanialler

Barbara constantly compliments and attempts to flatter her counselor with statements such as You're such a neat person, I'm glad that you're my counselor, and You are the reason that I am feeling better. The best counselor response would be

a. I'm pleased that you see me in a positive light, but more important is the fact that you are feeling better because you are willing to work on yourself and do the things that are necessary for change.
  b. I'm glad that I'm your counselor too. We seem to have a good relationship and I seem to be helping you feel better about yourself.
  c. It's good to work with a client who appreciates my efforts.
  d. I'm sure you would work well with anyone.

Question 2

A sign that countertransference may be occurring is when the counselor recognizes that he or she

a. is not easily irritated by the client.
  b. feels intense anger toward a person that the counselor hardly knows.
  c. allows the pain of the grieving client to be manifested.
  d. is aware that the client is typically working much harder than the counselor during the session.

nanny

Answer to Question 1

a

Answer to Question 2

b

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library