This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Counseling children requires ______________. A) more extensive use of questions than with adults ... (Read 50 times)

stephzh

Counseling children requires ______________.

A) more extensive use of questions than with adults
  B) using more concrete language
  C) avoiding the repetition of paraphrasing
  D) summarizing constantly what the child is saying

Question 2

Client: There's this group of girls who make fun of me and call me names, and I feel sad. They keep making fun of my shoes, just 'cause I don't have name-brand shoes. I try to ignore them, but still the feeling inside me just hurts. Counselor: They keep making fun of your shoes?  Classify this response.

A) Encouraging
  B) Paraphrasing
  C) Summarizing
  D) Restating

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cloud

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

D

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library