This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In a certain population, body weights are normally distributed with a mean of 152 pounds and a ... (Read 25 times)

biggirl4568

In a certain population, body weights are normally distributed with a mean of 152 pounds and a standard deviation of 26 pounds.

How many people must be surveyed if we want to estimate the percentage who weigh more than 180 pounds? Assume that we want 96 confidence that the error is no more than 2.5 percentage points.
  A) 591 B) 811 C) 1281 D) 1682

Question 2

A newspaper article about the results of a poll states: In theory, the results of such a poll, in 99 cases out of 100 should differ by no more than 2 percentage points in either direction from what would have been obtained by interviewing all voters

in the United States. Find the sample size suggested by this statement.
  A) 165 B) 2402 C) 3394 D) 4145

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cici

Answer to Question 1

How great was that.Thank you so much.

Answer to Question 2

Thanks for sharing, assignments makes me feel like end of world..

biggirl4568

Reply 2 on: Aug 2, 2018
Wow, this really help

smrtceo

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library