This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Paula Paralegal's mother called her with the following statement: I'm considering writing a ... (Read 79 times)

Paula Paralegal's mother called her with the following statement: I'm considering writing a holographic will. Paula responded: Mom, don't do that. Holographic wills are often disregarded by the courts due to technical errors. Paula's response:

A) is not UPL because she was speaking with her mother
  B) is likely UPL because she applied her knowledge of the law to her mother's statement and gave her mother a response
  C) is likely UPL because the law of wills is extremely complicated so discussion about it obviously requires the skill and judgment of a lawyer
  D) is not UPL because her mother did not ask her for legal advice

Question 2

Client G is sitting in the lobby of the law firm of Gribbens & Blotts. She turns to the receptionist and says I'm going to court with Mr. Gribbens tomorrow. Do you think these high heels are appropriate? The receptionist looks at G's shoes and replies I think they are perfectly fine. As the receptionist committed UPL?

A) No, because G was not asking for, nor did the receptionist give, legal advice.
  B) Yes, because she gave legal advice to Client G.
  C) Yes, because she gave advice to Client G
  D) No, because the receptionist is perfectly qualified to answer G's question.