Author Question: Ken hires Todd to mow his lawn. He tells Todd, I'll pay you what I think the job is worth when ... (Read 27 times)

javeds

Ken hires Todd to mow his lawn. He tells Todd, I'll pay you what I think the job is worth when you're finished. Todd agrees to those terms. Is there a binding contract?

A) No, because contracts for personal services like lawnmowing must be in writing to be enforceable.
  B) Yes, because Todd has agreed to Ken's terms, even though no specific price has been mentioned.
  C) Yes, because agreeing to let Todd mow his lawn is a detriment to Ken.
  D) No, because Ken is not actually obligated to pay Todd anything, and the agreement is therefore illusory.

Question 2

Settlement offers:

A. Are a bad strategy for the plaintiff
  B. Should be rejected frequently because the court frowns upon settlements
  C. Are made by the defendant to avoid litigation
  D. Can be quite costly for the plaintiff
  E. All of the above

dajones82

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

C