This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Your client tells you that his wife is quite ill and that he is worried about her. Which of the ... (Read 156 times)

tth

Your client tells you that his wife is quite ill and that he is worried about her. Which of the following is NOT an appropriate response?

A) I notice that your eyes are tearing up. I wonder if you're feeling sad.
  B) It sounds like it's been hard for you to have your wife ill.
  C) You seem to be quite anxious about her.
  D) My wife also has cancer, so I know how you feel.

Question 2

Some clients may not be able to express their feelings. In these cases, the practitioner may need to:

A) work around the client's avoidance of their feelings.
  B) tell the client that progress would be much quicker if she/he would only acknowledge their feelings.
  C) suggest names for feelings and share hunches in a tentative voice.
  D) terminate therapy with the client.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

chreslie

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

C

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library