This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In The Federalist Papers, Madison a. argues in favor of checks and balances but rejects the ... (Read 56 times)

fbq8i

In The Federalist Papers, Madison

a. argues in favor of checks and balances but rejects the concept of separation of powers.
  b. argues in favor of both checks and balances and separation of powers.
  c. supports the arguments of Machiavelli's The Prince on the matter of state power.
  d. Both A and C are true.

Question 2

Over the centuries, as philosophers have debated whether states should be organized to maximize state power or organized to restrain state power,

a. James Madison argued that states should restrain state power.
  b. Machiavelli, in The Prince, created the concept of separation of powers and suggested that states should minimize state power.
  c. John Stuart Mill argued that states should maximize state power in order to minimize individualism, insofar as individualism was a dangerous force that would culminate in lawlessness and immorality.
  d. Aristotle argued that only oligarchies were proper governments because all other types of government possessed too much power over citizens.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

medine

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A

fbq8i

Reply 2 on: Aug 4, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

atrochim

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library