This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A researcher does a study on knowledge of animals in cat lovers compared to dog lovers. In ... (Read 44 times)

londonang

A researcher does a study on knowledge of animals in cat lovers compared to dog lovers. In actuality, dog lovers have a greater knowledge of animals. After statistical analysis, the researcher makes the decision to NOT reject the null hypothesis.

This decision is
  A) Correct.
  B) A Type I error.
  C) A Type II error.
  D) Not possible to evaluate from the information given.

Question 2

Setting alpha to a low level to reduce the chance of rejecting the null hypothesis when it should be accepted

A) Is rarely done in research.
  B) Increases the chance of Type I error.
  C) Increases the chance of Type II error.
  D) Increases the accuracy of decision making with little adverse effects.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ilianabrrr

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Answer to Question 2

Answer: C

londonang

Reply 2 on: Aug 4, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Hdosisshsbshs

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library