This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: As a child, Allport was: a. plagued by feelings of inferiority. b. highly disturbed and ... (Read 62 times)

jwb375

As a child, Allport was:

a. plagued by feelings of inferiority.
  b. highly disturbed and unhealthy.
  c. popular outside his family.
  d. interested in sports and outdoor games.

Question 2

Allport's own childhood was characterized by:

a. a doting mother.
  c. a punitive and demanding father.
  b. feelings of isolation.
  d. many playmates and friends.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

honnalora

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
FEEDBACK: Arising from his childhood conditions of isolation and rejection, Allport developed inferiority feelings for which he attempted to compensate by striving to excel. He wrote about the identity quest that resulted from his inferiority feelings with regard to his brothers and other children.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
FEEDBACK: Too young to be a playmate to his older brothers, Allport was isolated from children outside the family as well. I fashioned my own circle of activities, he wrote later. It was a select circle, for I never fitted the general boy assembly.

jwb375

Reply 2 on: Jun 21, 2018
Excellent

ryansturges

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library