This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In response to charges that his concepts are ambiguous and poorly defined, Erikson cited: a. ... (Read 16 times)

berenicecastro

In response to charges that his concepts are ambiguous and poorly defined, Erikson cited:

a. numerous supporters who refuted these charges.
  b. his growing influence and fame.
  c. the basic impossibility of trying to define personality.
  d. his artistic temperament and lack of formal training in science.

Question 2

Which of the following stages in the development of a psychologically healthy Black identity, proposed by William Cross, includes three identity clusters?

a. The encounter stage
  c. The pre-encounter stage
  b. The immersion-emersion stage
  d. The internalization stage

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

efwsefaw

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
FEEDBACK: Erikson agreed that the charges of ambiguous terms and concepts, conclusions drawn in the absence of supporting data, and an overall lack of precision were valid and blamed them on his artistic temperament and lack of formal training in science. He wrote, I came to psychology from art, which may explain, if not justify, the fact that at times the reader will find me painting contexts and backgrounds where he would rather have me point to facts and concepts.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
FEEDBACK: The pre-encounter stage in the development of a psychologically healthy Black identity includes three identity clusters. The pre-encounter assimilation identity contains little racial awareness or racial identity. The pre-encounter miseducation identity internalizes negative stereotypes about being Black. The pre-encounter self-hatred identity involves holding highly negative views about Blacks, resulting in anti-Black and self-hating attitudes.

berenicecastro

Reply 2 on: Jun 21, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

sarah_brady415

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library