This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: How did Banneker attempt to change Jefferson's ideas about black people? A) He sent Jefferson a ... (Read 23 times)

jon_i

How did Banneker attempt to change Jefferson's ideas about black people?

A) He sent Jefferson a copy of his almanac and debated racial theories with him.
  B) He became Jefferson's personal secretary and forced Jefferson to confront his racist views.
  C) Banneker was so disillusioned with Jefferson that he refused to have anything to do with him.
  D) He attempted to debate the president but was unsuccessful; afterwards, he helped several of Jefferson's slaves escape.

Question 2

Examine the frontispiece portrait of Phillis Wheatley that precedes the title page of her first book of poetry. Why is Wheatley shown in the portrait writing at her desk?

A) The portrait reveals Wheatley's favorable stance on the slave trade in her book.
  B) The portrait demonstrates Wheatley's studious nature and writing ability.
  C) The portrait relates to Wheatley's poor writing style and choice of subject matter.
  D) The portrait suggests Wheatley's distrust of her master about whom she wrote her book.