Author Question: Childhood sexual abuse: a. can be debilitating through life and, in reality, is more widespread ... (Read 24 times)

tsand2

Childhood sexual abuse:

a. can be debilitating through life and, in reality, is more widespread than Freud envisioned.
  b. is removed out of a person's awareness and later reliably recovered.
  c. can result from the occurrence of Freudian slips.
  d. is to be ignored and dismissed as unreal by a therapist counseling a victim.

Question 2

An example of a Freudian slip would be:

a. Oops, I forgot to lock the door
  b. Is my slip showing?
  c. The fact that I lost my wallet came as a sham dock to me
  d. I thought I brought my car keys with me, but I left them at home.

fwbard

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
FEEDBACK: It is important to keep in mind that childhood sexual abuse does occur. It is a haunting reality for many people and far more widespread than Sigmund Freud envisioned in the 19th century. The effects can be debilitating.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
FEEDBACK: According to Freud, what appears to be ordinary forgetting or a casual lapse in speech is actually a reflection of unconscious motives or anxieties. This is known as the Freudian slip. An example of this is the mention of sham dock instead of damn shock as seen in the following statement: The fact that I lost my wallet came as a sham dock to me