This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: How is subject matter treated in avant-garde cinema? What will be an ideal ... (Read 15 times)

jon_i

How is subject matter treated in avant-garde cinema?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

What are the basic differences between painterly and linear styles in the photographic arts, which include filmmaking?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

xoxo123

Answer to Question 1

Subject matter is often suppressed in favor of abstraction and an emphasis
on formal beauty for its own sake. For some avant-garde filmmakers, this type of film is known as an absolute film, a graphic cinema of pure forms divorced from a
recognizable subject matter

Answer to Question 2

A painterly style is soft-edged, sensuous, and romantic. Line is
deemphasized. Colors and textures shimmer in a hazily defined, radiantly illuminated
environment. A linear style emphasizes drawing, sharply defined edges, and the
supremacy of line over color and texture

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Aug 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ebonylittles

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library