Author Question: Did I hear you say that there are four pounds of sulfur in the box? versus Did I heah ya say that ... (Read 22 times)

littleanan

Did I hear you say that there are four pounds of sulfur in the box? versus Did I heah ya say that there are foah pounds of sulfuh in the box? is an example of __________.

A. correct and incorrect English
  B. dialect differences in English
  C. how grammar and syntax interact
  D. the difference between syntax and semantics

Question 2

The ability to reconstruct a protolanguage is based on __________.

A. the theory that a universal grammar underlies all human languages
  B. the idea that all languages are derived from a single parent language
  C. the ability of children to learn whatever language is spoken around them
  D. the assumption that languages change in regular ways over time

Kingjoffery

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

Answer to Question 2

Answer: D