Author Question: According to self-determination theory, when we are _________ motivated we are acting because of ... (Read 11 times)

Lisaclaire

According to self-determination theory, when we are _________ motivated we are acting because of rewards or punishments and we may not even enjoy the activity.

Fill in the blank(s) with the appropriate word(s).

Question 2

Which item from the Sport Motivation Scale, Why do you practice your sport? is associated with identified regulation?

a. For the excitement I feel when I am really involved in the activity.
  b. For the prestige of being an athlete.
  c. Because it is one of the best ways I have chosen to develop other aspects of myself.
  d. Because I must do sports to feel good about myself.

hramirez205

Answer to Question 1

Answer: extrinsically

Answer to Question 2

Answer: c: Because it is one of the best ways I have chosen to develop other aspects of myself.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

The Food and Drug Administration has approved Risperdal, an adult antipsychotic drug, for the symptomatic treatment of irritability in children and adolescents with autism. The approval is the first for the use of a drug to treat behaviors associated with autism in children. These behaviors are included under the general heading of irritability and include aggression, deliberate self-injury, and temper tantrums.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library