This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What are the requirements for warrants as explicitly stated in the Fourth Amendment? Give an example ... (Read 19 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

What are the requirements for warrants as explicitly stated in the Fourth Amendment? Give an example of a situation that would, and another situation that would not, meet these requirements.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

The U.S. Supreme Court has clearly ruled that the search and seizure of text messages in a cell phone does not require a warrant.

a. True
  b. False
  Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bbburns21

Answer to Question 1

The requirements as explicitly stated in the Fourth Amendment are (1) probable
cause, (2) oath or affirmation, (3) specify place to be searched, and (4) specify items
to be seized. An example of a situation that would meet these requirements is a
police officer personally appearing before a magistrate with a sworn statement
stating that the officer had seen the defendant enter his garage at 124 Main Street,
Anytown, My County, My State, carrying ten large plants that appeared to be
marijuana and the officer had approached the driveway to the garage and smelled
burning marijuana. An example of a situation that would not meet these
requirements is a police officer who sent an unsigned note to the judge, asking for a
search warrant to search a white clapboard house in a subdivision of white
clapboard houses, looking for any drugs.

Answer to Question 2

FALSE

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Aug 13, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

diana chang

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library