This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: How does social bond theory explain crime? What will be an ideal ... (Read 30 times)

BrownTown3

How does social bond theory explain crime?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Match the term or concept with the correct description.

1. attachment a. deviant norm and values may be learned from them
  2. inner containments b. suggests delinquents are not constantly delinquent and instead move into and out of delinquency
  3. delinquent peers c. assumes that criminal tendencies are learned from close friends, not from the mass media
  4. differential association d. Gottfredson and Hirschi argued that all crime stems from a lack of this
  5. drift theory e. a positive self-concept, tolerance for
  frustration, and an ability to set realistic goals
  6. social learning theory of aggression f. offers explanations that emphasize
  importance of parenting during childhood and
  adolescence on the likelihood of behavioral problems in young and older children alike
  7. family interaction g. refers to the nature of the interaction and relationships within the family
  8. life course theory h. the most important social bond element
  9. social bond theory i. the most influential control theory
  10. self-control j. argues that aggressive tendencies are learned rather than inborn

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

deja

Answer to Question 1

Answer: Social bond theory suggests that delinquency and crime are more common among individuals with weakened social bonds to conventional social institutions such as the family and school. Social bonds exists in attachment, commitment, involvement, and belief.

Answer to Question 2

1. h
2. e
3. a
4. c
5. b
6. j
7. g
8. f
9. i
10. d

BrownTown3

Reply 2 on: Aug 17, 2018
Gracias!

chereeb

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library