This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Match the key term with the correct description. 1. classical school a. attributes behavior to ... (Read 14 times)

newbem

Match the key term with the correct description.

1. classical school a. attributes behavior to forces inside and outside the individual
  2. absolute deterrence b. require life imprisonment or, at the least, a very long prison sentence for offenders convicted of their second or third felony
  3. deterrence theory c. crimes committed for emotional reasons and with little or no planning
  4. expressive offenses d. the Age of Reason
  5. instrumental offenses e. assumes that potential and actual legal punishment can deter crime
  6. objective deterrence f. specific locations that aim to reduce exposure to motivated offenders, decrease target suitability, and increase capable
  guardianship
  7. positivism g. the effect of having some legal punishment v. the effect of having no legal punishment
  8. situational crime prevention h. believes criminals act with free will
  9. three-strikes laws i. crimes committed for material gain with some degree of planning
  10. enlightenment j. the impact of actual legal punishment

Question 2

_____ deterrence occurs when members of the public decide not to break the law because they fear legal punishment.

Fill in the blank(s) with the appropriate word(s).

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Melissahxx

Answer to Question 1

1. h
2. g
3. e
4. c
5. i
6. j
7. a
8. f
9. b
10. d

Answer to Question 2

Answer: General

newbem

Reply 2 on: Aug 17, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

sultansheikh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library