Author Question: Which of the following statements is true of the Walnut Street Jail? A) Prisoners were allowed to ... (Read 87 times)

fahad

Which of the following statements is true of the Walnut Street Jail?

A) Prisoners were allowed to congregate during the day to work in factories to improve the production of goods.
  B) It introduced the idea of releasing offenders on a conditional basis, leading to the development of parole.
  C) Prison administrators often put masks on inmates as they moved through the prison, to avoid identification in case they met each other after release.
  D) It was an architectural nightmare, built in an octagon with small, dark cells inside the cellblocks to provide solitary confinement and no labor.

Question 2

How do correctional agencies fulfill their mission?
  I. By imprisoning offenders who receive a sentence of incarceration from the courts
  II. By assisting courts in the decision to grant bail
  III. By supervising offenders in the community under court jurisdiction

A) I, II
  B) II, III
  C) I, III
  D) I, II, III

ms_sulzle

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Answer to Question 2

Answer: D

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library