This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When a police officer is compelled to use force, which standard or standards will courts use when ... (Read 100 times)

When a police officer is compelled to use force, which standard or standards will courts use when determining whether such force was reasonable?
  I. Standing in your shoes
  II. The actions of a reasonable officer
  III. Triangle of deadly force

A) I only
  B) I, II
  C) II, III
  D) I, II, III

Question 2

Which of the following are examples of excessive force used by a police officer?
  I. Compliance holds on a subject who is physically fighting with his wife during a domestic disturbance
  II. Use of firearm against a suspect, who is armed with a knife, has just stabbed a store clerk, won't put the knife down, and is telling the officer he is going to kill the officer
  III. Use of chemical gas against a protester who refuses to leave the courtroom
  IV. Use of a taser on a 12-year-old middle school student who spits at the police officer

A) I, II
  B) I, II, III
  C) II, III, IV
  D) III, IV

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Hikerman221

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

Answer to Question 2

Answer: D

Reply 2 on: Aug 17, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

brbarasa

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library