Author Question: Give an example of a situation in which an emotion signals a reprioritization of one's goals. ... (Read 105 times)

a0266361136

Give an example of a situation in which an emotion signals a reprioritization of one's goals.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

List the four ways to modify behavior and give an example of how you can use each way to increase your studying or decrease your time off-task.

What will be an ideal response?

missalyssa26

Answer to Question 1

ALTERNATIVE 1: Intense anxiety may be a signal you are not attending to personal well-being and ought to do so quickly;
ALTERNATIVE 2: Anger may be a signal that personal autonomy is threatened and needs higher priority.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: The four ways to modify behavior are: 1) Positive reinforcementI can reward myself for studying for two hours by making time to watch my favorite show. 2) Negative reinforcementI can set aside two hours to study, but give myself a quiz after the first hour. If I get a 90 or better on my quiz, I can stop studying for the night. 3) Positive punishmentIf I am not studying effectively, I will have to study for more hours today. 4) Negative punishmentIf I am not studying effectively, I will have to miss watching my favorite show.