This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Glucosamine (R = H), a naturally occurring substance found in the exoskeleta of marine ... (Read 26 times)

jon_i

Glucosamine (R = H), a naturally occurring substance found in the exoskeleta of marine invertebrates, is believed by some to be helpful in relieving arthritic symptoms in humans. What are, respectively, the relative positions of the amino group to the CH2OH substituent and OR group?

1.cis, cis
  2.trans, trans
  3.cis, trans
  4.trans, cis
  5.cannot be determined from this kind of perspective drawing

Question 2

How many secondary hydrogens are there in the cycloalkane shown below?

Question 3

What is the IUPAC name for the following molecule?

1.1-(2-methylbutyl)-cyclopentane
  2.2-(3-methylbutyl)-cyclopentane
  3.2-(2-methylbutyl)-cyclopentane
  4.(1,2-dimethylpropyl)-cyclopentane
  5.(2,2-dimethylpropyl)-cyclopentane

Question 4

The highest energy conformation of ethane has 12 kJ/mol of strain. The two highest conformations of butane have 16 and 19 kJ/mol of strain, respectively. How much strain does the highest energy conformation of 2,3-dimethylbutane have?
  1.16 kJ/mol
  2.20 kJ/mol
  3.26 kJ/mol
  4.31 kJ/mol
  5.37 kJ/mol

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

IAPPLET

Answer to Question 1

Answer to Question 2

Answer to Question 3

Answer to Question 4

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Aug 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

tranoy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library