This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The use of chemotherapy for brain tumors is complicated by the fact that a. brain tumors do not ... (Read 135 times)

james0929

The use of chemotherapy for brain tumors is complicated by the fact that

a. brain tumors do not respond to traditional chemotherapy.
 b. chemotherapy causes too much damage to neurons to be considered as a treatment for brain tumors.
 c. many substances used in traditional chemotherapy do not cross the blood-brain barrier.
 d. substances used in traditional chemotherapy mimic the actions of naturally occurring neurotransmitters.

Question 2

Your physician somberly informs you that you have been diagnosed with a Grade I tumor and will require surgery. What does this mean?

a. You may want to pass up the surgery and concentrate on enjoying your remaining time, as Grade I tumors are typically rapidly fatal with or without treatment.
  b. You should ask for a second opinion, as Grade I tumors are benign, and do not need to be removed through surgery.
  c. You can feel mildly optimistic, as Grade I tumors tend to recur after surgery, but they also grow slowly.
 d. Your chances of survival are relatively good, as Grade I tumors are usually benign, slow-growing, and respond well to surgery.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nguyenhoanhat

Answer to Question 1

c

Answer to Question 2

d

james0929

Reply 2 on: Jun 21, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

skipfourms123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library