This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Marbury v. Madison (1803 ) linked judicial remedies to the Rule of Law. Indicate whether the ... (Read 37 times)

james0929

Marbury v. Madison (1803 ) linked judicial remedies to the Rule of Law.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Question 2

Matching

Column 1 Column 2
  1. Ad hoc plea bargaining a. A guilty plea in which the defendant admits to the crime, but not necessarily all elements of it
  2. Alford plea b. Statutes that offer incentives for pleading guilty
  3. Judicial inducements c. Offers made by the prosecution to the defendant
  4. Plea bargaining d. A term used to describe some of the strange concessions that defendants agree to make as part of prosecutors' decisions to secure guilty
  5. Prosecutorial inducements e. The defendant's agreement to plead guilty to a criminal charge with the reasonable expectation of receiving some consideration from the state
  6. Statutory inducements f. When a judge offers something to the defendant in exchange for a guilty plea
  7. Charge bargaining g. The defense negotiates to havethe defendant charged with fewer counts of a certain offense
  8. Sentence bargaining h. The prosecutor's ability to negotiate with the defendant in terms of the charges that could be filed
  9. Count bargaining i. A plea a defendant enters that is akin to saying I do not contest this
  10. Nolo contendere j. When the defendant agrees to plead guilty in exchange for a less serious sentence