This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: How is global temperature estimated from ice samples? A) by looking at the types of gases ... (Read 13 times)

fbq8i

How is global temperature estimated from ice samples?

A) by looking at the types of gases dissolved in the ice
  B) by measuring the density of the ice
  C) by measuring the depth of the ice
  D) by looking at the pollen trapped in the air pockets in the ice
  E) none of the above

Question 2

What is the cause of the greenhouse effect?

A) different materials absorb, reflect and transmit electromagnetic radiation differently
  B) excess gases in the atmosphere
  C) solar radiation causing chemical changes in the concentration of gases in the atmosphere
  D) human activities changing the chemical makeup of the atmosphere
  E) none of the above

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

trog

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

fbq8i

Reply 2 on: Aug 27, 2018
Excellent

amit

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library