This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What brought an end to dtente? a. the breaking of SALT I by the Soviets b. the Soviet invasion ... (Read 28 times)

jeatrice

What brought an end to dtente?

a. the breaking of SALT I by the Soviets
  b. the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan
  c. the breaking of SALT I by the U.S.
  d. the U.S. backing of a rebel movement against Afghan Communists
  e. the U.S. boycott of the Moscow Olympics

Question 2

The slowing of economic growth in the Soviet Union resulted in ________ under Gorbachev.

a. perestroika and austerity measures
  b. genuine dtente, glasnost, and statist economic policies
  c. glasnost and austerity measures
  d. glasnost, perestroika, and genuine dtente
  e. perestroika and statist economic policies

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bitingbit

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

D

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library