This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The project approach is widely used in the Reggio Emilia Program. Explain why this approach is a ... (Read 113 times)

bobypop

The project approach is widely used in the Reggio Emilia Program. Explain why this approach is a good match with the way young children learn and how it encourages thinking that includes the arts.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

What is a K-W-L chart and how is it used in an early childhood classroom?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

macybarnes

Answer to Question 1

The Reggio Emilia programs and teachers promote the idea that young children are capable learners. The projects allow them to follow the childrens interests, adjust, and change while providing long-term opportunities to examine the areas that are being investigated. The arts are a strong component in the Reggio programs and support the learning that is occurring. The Reggio environment is aesthetically beautiful and includes much artistic work produced by the children, which is displayed and revisited over time.

Answer to Question 2

Answers will vary.
K: What I know.
W: What I want to know.
L: What was learned?
This technique is used in planning curriculum to determine what children know that the teacher can use to build on their current knowledge, to find out what they want to know so their inquiries and interests can be followed, and to record what they have learned when the study is completed.

bobypop

Reply 2 on: Sep 11, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

lindahyatt42

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library