This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The teacher should pose questions that help a child see details at times. a. True b. False ... (Read 31 times)

EY67

The teacher should pose questions that help a child see details at times.

a. True
  b. False
  Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Question 2

How do creative movement activities help children develop physically, socially, cognitively, linguistically, and emotionally? Describe an open-ended activity and write an objective for each developmental area.

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

milbourne11

Answer to Question 1

TRUE

Answer to Question 2

Socially: creates social unity, cooperation, sharing, collective discipline, introduces cultural experiences, learn to take on roles.
Cognitively: improves brain's ability to order movements and connect mind and body, solve problems, improves kinesthetic memory, improves understanding of positions in space, one-on-one correspondence and counting. Cements concepts such as move in, around, under, and above. Linguistically: communicate better with gesture, hand control improves speech, increased vocabulary for movements and body elements.
Emotionally: improves self-confidence and self-expression through being in control of one's body and feeling fit. Releases endorphins and so gives pleasure, reduces stress, and improves mental attitudes.

Example Activity:
Have each child pretend they are an animal of their choice looking for food in the forest as part of a study of the food chain. Ask: How will your animal move? What will your animal look for to eat? What happens if you meet an animal who wants to eat you or you it?
Social: Children will work together to move safely so as not to hurt each other. I will know this is happening when they move around leaving enough space so they don't get in each other's way. Cognitive: Children will problem solve to figure out how to show who is eaten. I will know this is happening when we brainstorm ideas and come to consensus on what we will try.
Language: Children will use the elements of movement vocabulary when discussing how to show they are eaten. I will know this is happening when I hear them say we can hold hands and move slower to show we caught someone, or open and close our mouths to show we are eating.
Emotion: Children will grow in self-confidence. I will see this happening with they move with increasing control and successfully perform their animal movements.

EY67

Reply 2 on: Sep 15, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

nathang24

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library