Author Question: Which statement about the validity of repressed memories is accurate? a. Because hypnosis is the ... (Read 53 times)

HudsonKB16

Which statement about the validity of repressed memories is accurate?

a. Because hypnosis is the main way repressed memories are uncovered, we can be fairly certain they are valid memories, as hypnosis uncovers material deeply buried in one's unconscious.
  b. Determining the validity of memories dating from an early age is very difficult.
 c. In almost every case, it has been shown that repressed memories of sexual abuse are fabricated.
 d. Because people do not forget other traumatic events, repression must be the explanation for forgotten sexual abuse.

Question 2

Caitlyn has been diagnosed with depersonalization disorder. We can presume that she would make which statement?

a. I must be going crazy because it appears as if that my body is distorted and unreal.
 b. I can remember going into the house when it was on fire, but I cannot remember getting out.
 c. I found myself in a new city with a new identity and no recollection of who Caitlyn was.
 d. I have strange feelings when people seem to know me but call me by the name Caitlyn; I don't even know who they are talking about.

nhea

Answer to Question 1

b

Answer to Question 2

a