This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Soon after the U.S. assumed neutrality in World War I, Woodrow Wilson dropped the ban on loans to ... (Read 28 times)

beccaep

Question 1

Why did the Germans sink the British passenger liner Lusitania?

a. They took the position that civilians were legitimate targets during war.
  b. The Lusitania fired upon their submarine first.
  c. British passenger ships were used to carry munitions.
  d. They could not tell whether it was a passenger liner or a naval cruiser.

Question 2

Soon after the U.S. assumed neutrality in World War I, Woodrow Wilson dropped the ban on loans to belligerents because

a. he resented Secretary of State William Jennings Bryan's moral grandstanding on the issue.
  b. he hoped for a quick German victory.
  c. the freeze endangered the stability of the American economy.
  d. he stood to gain personally from wartime loans and investments.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gstein359

beccaep

Reply 2 on: Sep 11, 2019
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Chelseyj.hasty

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

Chronic marijuana use can damage the white blood cells and reduce the immune system's ability to respond to disease by as much as 40%. Without a strong immune system, the body is vulnerable to all kinds of degenerative and infectious diseases.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library