This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The text states that World War I began because a. flushed by its spectacular economic growth, the ... (Read 28 times)

jjjetplane

Question 1

Creation of the national banking system led to

a. increased flexibility in the money supply.
  b. a sounder currency.
  c. a more complicated monetary system.
  d. a banking system responsive to local needs, irrespective of region.

Question 2

The text states that World War I began because

a. flushed by its spectacular economic growth, the German Empire decided that it was the right time to expand.
  b. France was determined to get revenge for its defeat in the Franco-Prussian War.
  c. the escalating tension between Britain and Germany led the latter to strike.
  d. Austria-Hungary believed itself to be in a life-and-death situation after the assassination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand by a Serbian nationalist.
  e. German militarism was uncontrollable.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tanna.moeller

jjjetplane

Reply 2 on: Sep 12, 2019
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Mochi

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

Did you know?

In 2010, opiate painkllers, such as morphine, OxyContin®, and Vicodin®, were tied to almost 60% of drug overdose deaths.

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library