Author Question: What happened to Russian society after Nicholas I came to power following the death of Alexander I ... (Read 106 times)

roselinechinyere27m

Question 1

The New Poor Law of 1834

a. aimed to distinguish between the deserving and undeserving poor by forcing paupers into government workhouses.
  b. barred children under age ten from working in factories.
  c. established a minimum wage for British industry.
  d. provided for the forced deportation of the unemployed to Australia.
  e. provided unemployment insurance.

Question 2

What happened to Russian society after Nicholas I came to power following the death of Alexander I in 1825?

a. It became the most liberal of the European powers.
  b. It rapidly industrialized.
  c. It became an industrial power after the abolition of serfdom.
  d. It was increasingly influenced by ultra-conservative societies, such as the Northern Union.
  e. It became a police state, as the czar feared both internal and external revolutionary upheavals.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library