This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Copernicus initiated studies that led to his revolutionary theories because a. there was a need ... (Read 11 times)

danielfitts88

Question 1

Why did Puritan migrations from England to the New World largely stop after 1642?

a. The Puritans lost much of their incentive to leave England during the English Civil War and Commonwealthperiods .
 b. King Charles I prohibited further Puritan migrations to America.
  c. The hardships reported by the Puritans in America deterred those in England from leaving for America.
  d. Almost all of the Puritans in England had already departed.

Question 2

Copernicus initiated studies that led to his revolutionary theories because

a. there was a need to reform the Christian calendar.
  b. his father superior instructed him to do so.
  c. he wanted to refute some Protestant theories.
  d. a colleague had challenged him when he was teaching at the University of Paris.
  e. spiritual crises had plagued him all his life, as they have most men of genius

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jrpg123456

danielfitts88

Reply 2 on: Sep 12, 2019
Excellent

fatboyy09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

Did you know?

According to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, lung disease is the third leading killer in the United States, responsible for one in seven deaths. It is the leading cause of death among infants under the age of one year.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library