This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A history book states, Benjamin Rush introduced humane policies into American mental hospitals, but ... (Read 36 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

A history book states, Benjamin Rush introduced humane policies into American mental hospitals, but it took Dorothea Dix to make significant positive reforms in mental hospital care. After her work, inhumane treatment was eliminated in the United States.. What, if anything, is incorrect in this statement?

a. No portion of the statement is incorrect.
 b. It is incorrect to say that Dix made significant positive reforms.
 c. It is incorrect to say that inhumane treatment was eliminated by Dix.
  d. It is incorrect to say that Rush introduced humane policies.

Question 2

Imagine that we travel back in time and meet two Americans. The first says, I am sometimes called the father of U.S. psychiatry. I used bloodletting to treat my mental patients, but I insisted they be treated with respect.. The second says, Although I was only a schoolteacher, when I saw the deplorable conditions under which mental patients were living, I devoted my life to establishing suitable mental hospitals.. The first person was ____; the second was ____.

a. Benjamin Rush; Dorothea Dix
 b. William Tuke; Clifford Beers
 c. Clifford Beers; Dorothea Dix
 d. Benjamin Rush; Friedrich Anton Mesmer