Author Question: Macroeconomics (Read 17 times)

rosemere1990

on: Dec 4, 2019
Think about your spending habits prior to college, during college, and what you expect after graduation.  How might your own financial decisions relate to the life-cycle theory of consumption?  Also consider how interest rates may affect your consumption choices.

Celeste

Reply #1 on: Dec 4, 2019
According to the life-cycle theory of consumption, consumption decisions are based on permanent income only. As a college student, I consume more than I did when I was a high school student because my permanent income now is higher than it was in high school. Assuming I find a job upon graduation, my consumption will in turn increase, while at the same time begin to accumulate my earnings (begin to save) and stop saving once I retire. Depending on the interest-rates, it may change my outlook when purchasing a house or when obtaining a loan for a business venture. If the interest is too high, regardless of the principal I put in, the monthly fees may be too much to curb the costs of running a business or building my home.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library