Author Question: Describe how the Diagnostic Classification of Mental Health and Development Disorders of Infancy and ... (Read 51 times)

stephzh

Describe how the Diagnostic Classification of Mental Health and Development Disorders of Infancy and Early Childhood, published by the Zero to Three Association, exemplifies how an understanding of development is critical in understanding psychopathology.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Your neighbor tells you, I'm concerned about vaccinating my children. I understand that scientists haveproved that childhood vaccines cause autism.. What response to your neighbor is most accurate?

a. Actually, no one has ever studied this thoroughly, so no one really knows..
  b. Not really; well-designed studies have been done, and the research does not support a link between vaccines and autism..
  c. Not exactly; it seems that autism is caused by an equation of environmental conditions, with childhood vaccines being one of the many variables involved..
  d. You are right; double-blind research has shown that autism is caused by vaccines..

joewallace

Answer to Question 1

Multi-disciplinary approach to understanding psychopathology
 Emphasis on caregiver-child relationships related to
- Behavioral tone of the relationship
- Emotional tone of the relationship
- Psychological involvement of the child and caregiver

Answer to Question 2

B