This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: According to the American Psychological Association's Commission on Violence and Youth, all of the ... (Read 44 times)

sammy

According to the American Psychological Association's Commission on Violence and
  Youth, all of the following effects of television are clearly supported by research evidence
  except:

a. An aggressor effect (i.e., increased meanness and violence toward others)
  b. A victim effect (i.e., increased fear of being victimized)
  c. An interpretative effect (i.e., increased tendency to interpret neutral actions as hostile)
  d. A bystander effect (i.e., increased apathy toward victims of violence)
  e. An appetitive effect (i.e., increased interest in violent material)

Question 2

The 80, or four-fifths rule, is a guideline the courts have used

a. to determine which 20 of the population a measure is appropriate for.
  b. to label a test item as biased.
  c. to ascertain the number of passing grades appropriate for criterion measurements.
  d. all of the above

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

zhanghao

Answer to Question 1

C
(Application)

Answer to Question 2

b

sammy

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
Excellent

dantucker

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library