This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An individual who recently had preventive bypass surgery might think, At least I didn't have a ... (Read 81 times)

iveyjurea

An individual who recently had preventive bypass surgery might think, At least I didn't have a serious heart attack like my older brother did. This thinking exemplifies the strategy known as

A) self-serving bias.
  B) pessimistic explanatory style.
  C) downward social comparison.
  D) basking in reflected glory.

Question 2

According to cognitive theorists, some people are prone to suffer from problems with anxiety because they tend to

A) focus excessive attention on perceived threats.
  B) misinterpret harmless situations as threatening.
  C) selectively recall information that seems threatening.
  D) all of these are true.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ansleighelindsey

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

D

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library