This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Identify and briefly describe the five steps (discussed in the textbook) that people pass through in ... (Read 67 times)

ahriuashd

Identify and briefly describe the five steps (discussed in the textbook) that people pass through in determining whether and how to render help in an emergency situation. Also identify the key obstacles (things that might prevent people from providing needed help) at each stage.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

The health belief model discussed in the text proposes that ____.

a. we form our health beliefs on the basis of observational information and our sense of self-efficacy
  b. our beliefs about the effectiveness, ease, and consequences of doing (or not doing) a certain behavior determine whether we do (or do not do) that behavior
  c. our beliefs about what others are doing vis--vis their health (whether accurate or not) guide our health-related behavior
  d. we form our health beliefs by relying too much on what feels good either psychologically or physically

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Joy Chen

Answer to Question 1

a . Notice an event
i. Obstacles: Distractions, personal concerns (e.g., being in a hurry)
b. Identify the event as an emergency
i. Obstacles: Ambiguity inherent to the event and pluralistic ignorance
c. Assume responsibility for providing help
i. Obstacles: Diffusion of responsibility and audience inhibition; concerns about competence
d. Decide how to help
i. Obstacle: Audience inhibition; concerns about competence
e. Render help
i. Obstacles: Audience inhibition; concerns about cost-benefit ratio of helping; concerns about competence

Answer to Question 2

B

ahriuashd

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

carlsona147

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

Although puberty usually occurs in the early teenage years, the world's youngest parents were two Chinese children who had their first baby when they were 8 and 9 years of age.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library