This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Festinger and Carlsmith (1959) performed a famous experiment on cognitive dissonance in which ... (Read 40 times)

burton19126

Festinger and Carlsmith (1959) performed a famous experiment on cognitive dissonance in which subjects were asked to lie to a fellow student (about how fun a psychology experiment was) for either 1 or 20 . For subjects in the 1 condition, dissonance was created because these subjects thought to themselves: I am a nice, ethical person, but I have just been mean and told a lie. It appears that the 1 subjects were ultimately able to reduce this dissonance by thinking to themselves: ____.

a. I did not really tell a lie because the experiment was not that boring. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think that it was kind of fun
  b. I know I told that person a lie. But so what? There are bigger problems in this world
  c. Lying is a terrible thing. I swear that I will never do it again.
  d. Whatever I got 1 for doing almost nothing Good deal

Question 2

Greg is in love with Bill, but Bill is not in love with Greg. Clearly, then, this is a case of ____.

a. eponymous love
  b. anonymous love
  c. unrequited love
  d. unrivalled love

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kiamars2010

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

C

burton19126

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
Excellent

recede

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library