This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In which of the following situations would Igor be MOST likely to experience reactance? a. He is ... (Read 59 times)

sabina

In which of the following situations would Igor be MOST likely to experience reactance?

a. He is out on a first date with an attractive person and trying to make a good impression.
  b. He comes home and finds his older brother reading his journalwhere he has written deep, dark secrets that he does not want anyone to see.
  c. He sleeps through an important job interview, and only has himself to blame.
  d. He finds out that his mother has cancer, but that she has been hiding it from him for several years because she didn't want him to worry about her.

Question 2

Which of the following statements is an example of a person engaging in affective forecasting?

a. The reason that he dropped out of school was because he felt insecure and incompetent.
  b. If he ever betrayed me, I would be so depressed I would never recover.
  c. If I hadn't gotten reprimanded by my boss that one time, I never would have hated my job as much as I did.
  d. If I had only trusted him and not said anything, we wouldn't have gotten into that stupid argument.