This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The discovery of the Hawthorne effect laid the foundation for industrial/organizational psychology ... (Read 29 times)

lunatika

The discovery of the Hawthorne effect laid the foundation for industrial/organizational psychology because it illustrated the role of

a. social influences in the workplace.
  b. job interviewing techniques in the creation of a homogenous workforce.
  c. equity motivation in worker loyalty.
  d. personality variables in economic decision making.

Question 2

Stanley's stock broker calls him and says, I have a great stock buying opportunity for you, but I need to know right away if you want to make the purchase. Stanley refuses to act so quickly, and says, sorry but I really need to take time to think about this and decide if it is right for me. I'll get back to you. Stanley is going to use ____ as he decides if he should follow his broker's advice.

a. the availability heuristic
  b. extension
  c. peripheral processing
  d. elaboration

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

rosiehomeworddo

Answer to Question 1

a

Answer to Question 2

d

lunatika

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

raenoj

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library