This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Describe three key structural features of groups. What will be an ideal ... (Read 21 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

Describe three key structural features of groups.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

A study that examines existing records or databases is referred to as a(n)

a. anecdotal study.
  b. survey.
  c. case study.
  d. archival study.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

meganlapinski

Answer to Question 1

Group structure is often described with regard to three features: roles, norms, and
cohesiveness. Roles refer to the sets of expected behavior for each individual group
member, and they may be formal or informal. Formal roles are explicitly stated: a
person is the leader, another person is the group scribe, and so forth. Informal roles are
more implicit: a particular member evolves into the group clown or caretaker..
Norms refer to the group standards and expectations that apply to all members--in
some ways, the norms are unifying while the roles provide differentiation within that
frame. Norms also may be explicitly stated (formal) or implicit (informal). Finally,
cohesion refers to how will the group sticks together.. Cohesive groups are
characterized by high attraction among members, and is associated with stronger
adherence to group norms. Consequently, the relationship between cohesion and
performance often depends on the nature of the group norms.

Answer to Question 2

d

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

okolip

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library